Diagram that is in my book on Chi Nei Tsang which is amazing and so in depth! It’s such a great read after taking intense anatomy courses and being able to correlate energy systems with the most detailed actions of cellular activities. In this diagram (part of a chapter discussion on collecting and moving the energy systems that make up the atmosphere and earth), we can see an example of how meditation is a helpful tecnique.
1. The Healing Abilities of Trees
Taoist Masters observed that trees are tremendously powerful plants. Not only can they absorb carbon dioxide and transform it into oxygen, but they can also absorb negative forces and transform them into good energy. Trees strongly root with the Earth, and the more rooted the tree, the higher it can extend to Heaven. Trees stand very still, absorbing the Earth’s Energy and the Universal Force from the Heavens.
Trees and all plants have the ability to absorb the light of the energies and transform it into food; in fact, they depend on light for most of their nourishment, while water and earth minerals make up about 30% of their nutritional intake. Trees are able to live very long lives.
Absorb Earth Energy
1. Create warmth in your navel and bring the energy up to the crown.
2. Project the Chi out into the top of the trunk of the tree. Enter the tree and feel that you have a connection with it.
3. During this process you can stand farther away from the tree (ten to thirty feet). As your practice continues you can project your energy easily from far away into the tree. Let the tree take in your negative or sick energy. The energy you receive back will be balanced.
4. Let your energy flow down the trunk of the tree to its roots and into the Earth. (Figure 2-34) Let the Earth Energy purify your energy. Bring this combined energy up through the soles of your feet to the perineum, then up through the Thrusting Channels, or through the Governor Channel running up the spine. Let the energy flow up to the crown and project it outward again. Repeat the process nine, eighteen, or 36 times.
The more you repeat the process, the more your energy will refine and increase. You will notice the Thrusting Channels and the Microcos¬mic Orbit are cleaner and brighter. Once you have established a good connection with the tree, you can send your sick energy to the tree from a far distance to refine your energy or improve your health.
g. Meditate While Sitting Under a Tree
Once you have developed the ability to feel the tree’s Chi, you can sit under the tree and meditate. Draw the tree’s energy into you through the stations (points) of the Microcosmic Orbit.